RE: userland soundmodem dependencies

> You might try and hack into configure.in and remove the checks for libxml.
> Then run autoconf and see if it compiles. If it complains about missing
> functions, you are in trouble.
	what does this application do with XML?

> I guess the potato libraries are outdated. If you can't compile it,
> upgrade
> the libs, but this would mean you would have to upgrade from stable to
> testing.
	I guess "testing" should be the distr all radio amateurs should be
using anyways, whoever heard of a radio amateur that does test/tinker all
the time. Is there such a thing as a stable shack???
> You could also grab the sources from testing and make packages for
> stable, but that's another story....
	tell me more

> > 	Is there any documentation exactly describing dependencies for this
> > application?
> >

> Have you checked thomas' website?

	no. I have had no web access  8^((

> The output of the configure script should help you. It tells what
> libraries
> are missing......

	Yes but only one at a time
	stage 1:configure fails with missing lib
	stage 2:install missing lib
	stage3:configure fails with next missing lib
	etc etc can keep you up all night........|-)