Re: userland soundmodem dependencies

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 08:26:58 +1000
"Barrett, Peter G" <Peter.G.Barrett@team.telstra.com> wrote:

> checking for xmlNewDoc in -lxml... (cached) no
> 	cant find xmlNewDoc in -lxml
> 	error:cant link libxml
>
> 	well heres what I got straight off the 2.2 CDROMs:
>
> 	docbook-xml  3.1.7.1
> 	libxml1           1.8.2-1
> 	libxml1-dev     1.3.11-1
> 	libxmltok1        1.1-1
> 	libxmltok1        1.1-6
>
> 	I looked at a file called /usr/lib/libxml.a and noticed that the
> entry for xmlDocBook has flags like "U" next to it which seems to be saying
> its not there???
> 	Is there a way around this using these existing libs or must I
> update them?

You might try and hack into configure.in and remove the checks for libxml.
Then run autoconf and see if it compiles. If it complains about missing
functions, you are in trouble.

I guess the potato libraries are outdated. If you can't compile it, upgrade
the libs, but this would mean you would have to upgrade from stable to
testing. You could also grab the sources from testing and make packages for
stable, but that's another story....

> 	Is there any documentation exactly describing dependencies for this
> application?

Have you checked thomas' website?
The output of the configure script should help you. It tells what libraries
are missing......

> Peter Barrett
> Network Integrity
> Working with the civil construction industry to prevent damage
> to Telstra's underground assets

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>