Re: userland soundmodem dependencies

Bob Nielsen wrote:

> Why?
> Well, it does have a Gtk configuration tool, but that could as
> easily be done with ncurses (or with some more documentation, a text
> editor).

The answer to that question is easy enough: because Thomas wanted
an X11 based tool, so that's what he wrote :) The tools doesn't have
any graphical functions? eye-tests or anything like that?

> Yes (http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem), but it doesn't say much.
>
> I don't mean to knock what Thomas has done, but it does appear to be
> somewhat incomplete (o.k., the version number IS < 1.0, which explains
> a lot.)

<sigh>
I've been meaning to get back into documentation again and particularly
document Thomas's work, but its very hard to get motivated for it.

regards
Terry

--
Radio Free Penguin: http://radio.linux.org.au/