RE: userland soundmodem dependencies

	cant find xmlNewDoc in -lxml
	error:cant link libxml

> You need libxml-dev

	well heres what I got straight off the 2.2 CDROMs:

	docbook-xml  3.1.7.1
	libxml1           1.8.2-1
	libxml1-dev     1.3.11-1
	libxmltok1        1.1-1
	libxmltok1        1.1-6

	I looked at a file called /usr/lib/libxml.a and noticed that the
entry for xmlDocBook has flags like "U" next to it which seems to be saying
its not there???
	Is there a way around this using these existing libs or must I
update them?

	Is there any documentation exactly describing dependencies for this
application?

Peter Barrett
Network Integrity
Working with the civil construction industry to prevent damage
to Telstra's underground assets