Re: Packaging of new applications: looking for sponsors

On Sun, 2020-04-19 at 18:10 +0200, Henry-Nicolas Tourneur wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am reaching out to you guys as I would like to work in the near
> future on the packaging of some new graphical applications that uses
> GTK+ (not gnome official apps but they are hosted on GNOME's gitlab
> under World/).

I'm not a DD but am happy to assist in whatever way possible.

> I will be looking at those apps: password-safe and authenticator
> (Python apps).
> Later on, Fractal as well (currently reading on Rust packaging).

Fractal would be great to have as a package.

> Long term objective is to have more "mobile friendly" apps available
> for the Librem 5 phone (note that I am not affiliated in any way
> with
> Purism, just one of their users).

> Currently, I am working with DPMT (Johannes in CC) to get the Python
> dependencies for the 2 first apps available in Debian.
> Moving forward, would there be anyone in the Debian GTK/Gnome
> packaging
> team willing to mentor me for those 2 Python applications (as I am
> not
> a DD/DM)?
>
> I have an account on Salsa (henry-nicolas-guest) should anyone want

I think working in Salsa makes a lot of sense, PureOS (which runs on
the Librem 5) is a Debian derivative and tries to stay very close to
Debian. Building debs for Debian means that you're apps will be pulled
into PureOS per default since we mostly have a one-to-one
correspondence with Debian binary packages. Should you need to get
PureOS / Librem 5 specific help we have Matrix / IRC channels and
you're free to use our Gitlab instance at https://source.puri.sm

Thank you,

Jeremiah

> Thanks and best regards,
> Henry-Nicolas Tourneur
> Matrix id: @hntourne:matrix.nilux.be

Jeremiah C. Foster <jeremiah.foster@puri.sm>
Gpg key id: 798DB834436A7BE38C97422D0DC062205451931B