Re: GNOME 3.8 in unstable?

Le 11/09/2013 14:02, Michael Biebl a écrit :
> Also, the situation around systemd is not fully sorted yet.
> First, we need a newer systemd version, which is currently in
> experimental only (also waiting for a transition slot [1]), and then
> there is the problem, that working power management requires systemd to
> be PID 1. That's going to cause problems which we haven't addressed yet.
>
> So, you see, it's not like we are sitting on our lazy asses, it's just a
> lot of work and coordination efforts.

Thanks for the various updates, you and all the contributors to this
thread. Thanks also for all the work: I am a happy user of gnome3 and I
do not regret the gnome2 days like many others do.

This was not natural that gnome-panel package had to go in the new
gnome. Removing gnome-core seemed a bit too much to me, too. I am still
ready to try it out, as soon as I have enough time before me.

Sincerely,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq