New libthai and pango

Hi,

I have just uploaded a new upstream version of libthai (0.1.10-1) to
experimental. This new version now depends on libdatrie1 instead of
libdatrie0 as the implementation layer. But libthai itself still uses the old
APIs.

As a result, the soname for libthai is still the same, but that of libdatrie
is bumped up from 0 to 1.

As the shlib dependency is transitive, the pango-thai-lang.so module
is currently linked against libdatrie0. So, upgrading libthai would cause
both libdatrie versions to be loaded simultaneously, one from
pango-thai-lang.so itself, and the other from the new libthai.
Unfortunately, due to ABI incompatibility, some libdatrie functions
would not work correctly in that case.

So, pango would need to be rebuilt against the new libthai-dev
to fix the problem.

My question is, what should be the proper time for me to upload
the new libthai into unstable, to minimize down time for the pango
module? If I do that too soon, the pango module in unstable would
not work properly, or might even crash.

P.S. This may also apply to other libthai rdepends, like m17n-lib,
mlterm, and iceowl, as well. But I think pango is the most critical
one.

Thanks,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan