Re: Getting debugging info from glibmm and gtkmm sources

José Alburquerque wrote:
But if I can, may I ask another question: If I install a debugging package (libglibmm-2.4-dbg for example), can I step into the library's source with gdb? For example if I have the following simple code:

#include <glibmm.h>

int main (int argc, char* argv[]) {
   Glib::init();
}

will gdb step into the library's code (Glib::init)? I know this seems c++ specific, but I think it would work the same with c libraries like glib/gtk, etc. Does anyone have some knowledge as to how to look at the libraries source code? I know that debugging packages install the unstripped libraries in "/usr/lib/debug/", but even if I try to use "set debug-file-directory /usr/lib/debug" in gdb stepping into the source still doesn't seem possible. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sincerely
Jose

I just needed to install the source of the packages.  Thanks.

-Jose