Getting debugging info from glibmm and gtkmm sources

Hello everyone. This is my first post to this list and I just want to ask a question I think someone here will be able to answer: I'm contributing to wrapping gstreamer for C++ and I find that I may need to debug the library. The library is wrapped using a tool called glibmmproc which has also been used to produce glibmm and gtkmm. I noticed that there are debugging libraries for both glibmm and gtkmm (libglibmm-2.4-dbg and gtkmm-2.4-dbg). Would someone here be able to tell me how these packages are generated from the sources (or give me some idea)? I think I may be able to use the same method to generate debugging info for gstreamermm. I'd appreciate any help. If no one knows, that's fine. Thanks.

-Jose