Re: Poor nautilus/libgnomevfs2 performance for network transfers

Le lundi 13 août 2007 à 06:00 -0700, Alex Malinovich a écrit :
> But in the meantime, gnome-vfs is so bad that I find it hard to believe
> that it's just an architectural thing and not a problem with how
> something is configured. If it was just sloppy code I would expect to
> either see my CPU usage go through the roof, or my bandwidth go through
> the roof with retransmits while the actual USEFUL data coming across is
> very low. But neither of these is the case. It's almost as though
> someone decided to put a 10 MB/sec cap on all gnome-vfs data transfers,
> which seems pretty crazy.

The buffer size for the sftp and smb methods is hardcoded to 32 KiB,
which seems really small. Given a round-trip time of a few milliseconds,
10 MB/s seem like a bandwidth you could obtain with such small buffers.

You can try to increase the buffer size; I'm interested to know whether
this improves anything.

--
 .''`.