Re: Ubuntu logout dialog patch in Debian [Discuss]

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> The GNOME dialog also queries the power manager:
> if (panel_power_manager_can_suspend(logout_dialog->priv->power_manager))
> 	gtk_dialog_add_button (GTK_DIALOG (logout_dialog),
>                                _("S_uspend"),
>                                PANEL_LOGOUT_RESPONSE_STR);

 I certainly don't see a "Suspend" button in my "Close session" dialog.

 My opinion on the patch is that the dialog offers more options than in
 the stock dialog, and these are useful.  I find it more convenient to
 keybind to this dialog to decide what I want to do than to keybind the
 invidiual actions.  I also find it easier to click on the launcher I
 have for "Close session" and then hit huge icons than to go through the
 tiny menu of gnome-power-manager (plus GPM isn't always displayed).

 In short, I don't have any strong opinion on the non-HIG-ness of this
 dialog, but I certainly wish the functionality would be available.  Of
 course, this is an upstream issue and has nothing Debian or Ubuntu
 specific.

 Did anyone check how it stands with 2.19.x?

--
Loïc Minier