Re: xdgmime in gnomevfs

Le samedi 11 novembre 2006 à 21:37 +0000, Michael Ott a écrit :
> I want to write an appication, where you can change the
> default-application (nearly the same as nautilus -> right mouse -> open
> with) but with more informations and option.
>
> So I want that you can search for mime types and globs. But I did not
> find the command to get the globs from the mime types.
>
> So I need to go depper into gnome-vfs.

The XDG MIME specification was designed to easily obtain a MIME type and
a list of associated applications from a file (name or contents). As the
reverse is not that simple and as nautilus doesn't need it, gnome-vfs
doesn't provide a means to access this data.

You could propose an extension to the gnome-vfs API, with something
like:
	GList *gnome_vfs_mime_get_globs (char *mime_type);
but I fear it would be rejected, because it wouldn't bring all
information (like magic information). I also wish you luck in dealing
with children types in an efficient manner.

--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"