Re: xdgmime in gnomevfs

Le samedi 11 novembre 2006 à 20:38 +0000, Michael Ott a écrit :
> > The headers are in libgnomevfs2-dev (source package: gnome-vfs2).
> Maybe I do not see it but I do not find the following header.
> xdgmime.h
> xdgmimealias.h
> xdgmimecache.h
> xdgmimeglob.h
> xdgmimeint.h
> xdgmimemagic.h
> xdgmimeparent.h
> (That is form 2.14)

Ah, sorry, I thought you were looking for the sources.

These headers are for internal gnome-vfs use (and other libraries
implementing the XDG MIME specification) only, and I don't think you
should use them. Instead, if your application already uses gnome-vfs,
you should use the gnome-vfs MIME interface, which is of a higher level
and is guaranteed to remain consistent. It is available in
gnome-vfs-mime-*.h.

Cheers,
--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"