Re: Massive testing breakage; unstable: no text in GnuCash or E16

ons, 03 05 2006 kl. 10:05 +0200, skrev Michel Dänzer:
> > So I upgraded to unstable.  The X crash is gone, and nearly everything
> > works!  *whew*  But GnuCash has no text -- where there should be a
> > string, there is either nothing, or for a menu header, a single dot.
> > Yesterday John Goerzen filed bug 365636 against gnucash, but in his case
> > it failed to start at all...
> >
> > In addition, E16 window title bars have no text, nor do E's cloud
> > tooltips or background menus, though minimized window icons do.
>
> Sounds like your server-side X font setup is busted. I'd start by
> checking the font paths in the X (font) server.
>

> All of this is more likely related to X than GNOME...
My fonts also disapeared when i switched to the new X, and if the config
scripts detect that the configuration has already been changed by you
(or maybe some other script), it won't change it.

You can either move your own conf to somewhere else and dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xorg (i think), or set the following FontPath(s):

Section "Files"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
        # path to defoma fonts
        FontPath      "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
EndSection

--
Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen <halfdan@halfdans.net>
halfdans.net