Massive testing breakage; unstable: no text in GnuCash or E16

Greetings,

My latest testing dist-upgrade on Sunday proved a disaster: X crashed
once, then locked up the display though I could get in via ssh;
rebooted, but this repeated several times.  No point in filing a bug, as
it's likely due to the X transition...

So I upgraded to unstable.  The X crash is gone, and nearly everything
works!  *whew*  But GnuCash has no text -- where there should be a
string, there is either nothing, or for a menu header, a single dot.
Yesterday John Goerzen filed bug 365636 against gnucash, but in his case
it failed to start at all...

In addition, E16 window title bars have no text, nor do E's cloud
tooltips or background menus, though minimized window icons do.

Is this a known issue in unstable?  Haven't seen anything on this
list...  Not sure where to file bugs...

Thanks,

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html