Re: Bug with Nautilus and question about "Maximization"

Luis M a écrit :

>Bonjour David,
>
>svp lu ci-dessous...
>
>On 7/26/05, David BERCOT <david.bercot@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm French, so, sorry for my bad English...
>>

>You are excused. Your English is horrible!
>LOL. just kidding. We don't care if you write bad English for as long
>as the message you are trying to communicate can actually be
>understood. Unlike some French men I know of course...
>

>>I hope I am on the right list...
>>I have already posted on debian-user-french but I had no answer, so, I
>>try again, here ;-)
>>
>>First of all, I have a problem with Nautilus when I navigate on Windows
>>networks. Nautilus shows me the network, the machines, the shares, then,
>>directories and files. But, when I want to open a file on a share, I
>>have an error like :
>>"Impossible d'ouvrir
>>« /home/david.bercot/smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG » en
>>lecture : Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type"
>>The problem, for the application (here, the Gimp), is that, instead of
>>trying to open smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG, it
>>tries /home/david.bercot/smb://sces1-ac-nantes/Public/J-Y/IMG_0003.JPG
>>

>My wildest guess is that The Gimp doesn't support gnome-vfs. Why don't
>you drag and drop the file from the smb;// window into a local folder,
>say CTRL+L and type /tmp. Then double click on the image once is on
>the /tmp directory? That should always work no matter which
>application you use.

I don't think this problem is GIMP specific, I had this problem trying
to open an OpenOffice files.
For your workaround, of course it's working, but if we use Samba, it's
to share data between several machine not to have a local copy on each one.

--
Michel