Re: HAL transition [Re: gnome 2.12 unstable status]

Il giorno mer, 14/12/2005 alle 14.17 +0100, Loïc Minier ha scritto:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005, Daniele Cruciani wrote:
> > I patched bluez-utils and bluez-pin for compiling/working with hal in
> > experimental, but I thing there are newer release upstream that do work
> > with newer hal.
>
>  It's nice to hear you prepared a bluez-pin patch too: I also tried
>  building both bluez-utils and bluez-pin for experimental's HAL/DBUS,
>  but could only get the bluez-utils part working.
>
>  Maybe you can replace the patch in #338794 with your work?
>
> > Does anyone planed to upload newer release of bluez in experimental? (I
> > think it is a must in the road even before kde transition)
>
>  You should talk with the bluez maintainer directly, he seems to be the
>  upstream of the project too, and is probably in the best place to
>  answer that.

in bluez-pin:

I changed line 88 of main.c:
dbus_acquire_acquire_service(,,);
with:
dbus_bus_request_name(,,);
(same parameter with same order)
Line 97: same change as above

in line 49 of main.c dbus_message_is_signal() function, second
parameter, for a define renamed (arround 02/2003), change from
DBUS_INTERFACE_ORG_FREEDESKTOP_LOCAL to DBUS_INTERFACE_LOCAL

in pin-dbus.c line 44 dbus_message_append_iter_init() with
dbus_message_iter_init_append(). in line 47
dbus_message_iter_append_string() with
dbus_message_iter_append_basic(&iter,dbus_message_type_from_string("string"),pin)

But in pin-dbus near line 100 there is:
if (type != DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY
	|| !dbus_message_iter_get_byte_array(&iter,&bytes,&nbytes)
	|| nbytes != sizeof(bdaddr))
{
 goto error
}
well, the second function disappear from header so i rewrite it simply
adding a call to dbus_message_iter_get_fixed_array(&iter,
&bytes,&nbytes) before the test. I really do not know how argument is
passed by dbus, so i do not know if this is ok or if it has to be used
another get function.
I ran this just one time and it seems to work, next I used a custom
script for bluez-pin (echo "PIN:1234";). I can look at code better, and
test too, but authors should fix it slightly quicker.. also I do not
look at the code, I just patch here and there.

--
Daniele Cruciani
http://www.smartango.com/