Re: Evolution & GConf : I don't understand any more...

Le mardi 29 novembre 2005 à 09:51 +0100, David BERCOT a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a big problem with Evolution under Gnome 2.10 (with Debian
> Sid)...
> I have just re-install my computer and now, it seems not to use any
> more the .gconf/apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml file !!!

Why !!! does !!! it !!! deserve !!! so !!! many !!! exclamation !!!
marks ???

> I thought that the different %gconf.xml files we see everywhere are
> the "view" of what we see with GConf Configuration Editor...
> For example, if I change Evolution preferences, the file is not
> changed ! But, in GConf Configuration Editor, I see the change !!!
>
> Do you know which file is the right one ?
>
> I need it because I have two different configurations and I change
> them dynamically at the boot...

The correct value is always the one returned by gconf-editor. It is
synced to the disk when gconfd exists, but you shouldn't expect the disk
to reflect an up-to-date value. Furthermore, the backend used to write
to the disk is subject to change - and it was changed in 2.12 packages.