Re: no applications menu

i found a post in a fedora list with a similar issue.
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-20153.html
the solution here was reinstalling gamin.

gamin and libgamin were 2 packages that i upgraded from version 0.1.5-2
to 0.1.7-2. reinstalling however didn't work so instead i went back to
version 0.1.5-2.

this worked and i now have my applications menu back in full.

i checked the other (similar setup) machine and noticed that it actually
doesn't have gamin installed but rather still uses fam.

also not sure where the bug would be - gamin or gnome.

anyway, it works for the moment.

Takis