Re: Gnome 2.12 & Python

Thanks for the answer.  Not that I'm happy about it (not anyone's fault here), but I would love some opinions...

It does not appear to me that there is any other python built into core (desktop) packages for gnome (I found some things in vte & doc-utils), and it strikes me as a bit less than a great idea to include as core functionality, tools which are not compiled (as the rest of the system is).

As such, I am curious about the Debian take on puling the menu editor out of gnome-menus and creating a package gnome-menu-editor which can be installed as a separate tool (since I believe that this is what it really is).

I plan on doing this for myself, but I would love to hear any input about this as a move for the official gnome branch in Debian?

-dave

On 10/28/05, Sebastien Bacher <seb128@debian.org> wrote:
Le vendredi 28 octobre 2005 à 12:42 -0600, Dave Loftis a écrit :

> I am unable to locate these dependencies in the Gnome.org source tree,
> and would very much like to know if Gnome's dependency on Python is
> something that we (as Debian Developers) intend on enforcing in the
> future

The official GNOME menu editor uses python, there is nothing
distribution specific.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher