Re: do not delete gnome-1

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> To help you in your attempt to maintain the packages needed by
> gnucash, here's a list of the packages which are required by gnucash
> and are currently uninstallable due to the png10 fiasco:
>
> imlib+png2 (Maintainer: Steve M. Robbins)
> -- this urgently needs to be transitioned to use libpng12 (despite its name).
> If that's impossible, then you need to pick up libpng10 (a.k.a. png2) as
> well.  Either way, its uninstallability is the thing which is making the big
> mess.

Since it's a grave bug with no mention by Steve Robbins, I'll attempt
an NMU of this right away.

> bonobo (Maintainer: Takuo Kitame)
> gdk-pixbuf (Maintainer: Ryan Murray)
> gnomelibs (Maintainer: Debian GNOME Maintainers)
> gnome-print (Maintainer: Debian GNOME Maintainers)

All of these already have maintainers.  I'm not going to hijack
packages; none of these people have asked for me to take over the
packages.  But I'm willing to.

> libglade (Maintainer: QA)

Doesn't have any important bugs; there's no need to have me listed as
a maintainer.  But if it really matters to someone, I can do an upload.

> gal (Maintainer: Takuo Kitame)

Actually, gal will shortly be the latest gnome-2 gal.  I maintain
gal0.x already which is the old gnome-1 version.

Thomas