Re: do not delete gnome-1

Thomas Bushnell wrote:
>As they have been orphaned
>and brought to my attention, I have taken over maintenance of such
>packages, and intend to continue doing so in the future.

You rock!  :-)  Hey, this is the best possible effect my message could have
had.  :-)

To help you in your attempt to maintain the packages needed by gnucash, here's
a list of the packages which are required by gnucash and are currently
uninstallable due to the png10 fiasco:

imlib+png2 (Maintainer: Steve M. Robbins)
-- this urgently needs to be transitioned to use libpng12 (despite its name).
If that's impossible, then you need to pick up libpng10 (a.k.a. png2) as
well.  Either way, its uninstallability is the thing which is making the big
mess.

It's an odd one and I'm not sure exactly what ought to be done with it.  There
must be some reason why there are two separate imlib packages, apparently
from the same source, linked to different versions of libpng.  Ideally
whoever picks up imlib+png2 would also pick up imlib and consolidate the two,
but there is some serious weirdness going on here which I don't understand.

bonobo (Maintainer: Takuo Kitame)
gal (Maintainer: Takuo Kitame)
gdk-pixbuf (Maintainer: Ryan Murray)
gnomelibs (Maintainer: Debian GNOME Maintainers)
gnome-print (Maintainer: Debian GNOME Maintainers)
libglade (Maintainer: QA)
gtkhtml (You already maintain this)

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

A thousand reasons. http://www.thousandreasons.org/
Lies, theft, war, kidnapping, torture, rape, murder...
Get me out of this fascist nightmare!