Re: building pkg-gnome from scratch

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 11:45:56PM -0400, Luis M wrote:
> On 4/28/05, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> > /usr/share/doc/gnome-pkg-tools/README.Debian.gz
>
> I have tried reading the source of svn-buildpackage and the .svn meta
> data to no avail. I'd hate to switch to Ubuntu just to get gnome2.10,
> and installing gnome2.10 from experimental is overkill.

Uhm, I would say building gnome2.10 from scratch just so you can install
the .debs is overkill.  That is why Debian provides the packages in
experimental.   I guess building from scratch is possible somehow, but
you will have to figure it out mostly yourself.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer