Re: G-V-M doesn't start automatically with GNOME

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:02:36PM +0100, Stewart Jeacocke wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 15:13 +0100, Stewart Jeacocke wrote:
> > After spending a couple of days trying to work out why my usb disks
> > didn't automatically mount I found out that gnome-volume-manager does
> > not start automatically with Gnome.
> >
> > What is the preferred way to make it start automatically?
>
> Apparently G-V-M starts automatically in Ubuntu. Is this a Gnome 2.10
> thing or is it something that could be put into Debian now? I would have
> thought that the kind of people who really benefit from G-V-M are
> unlikely to work out that they have to launch it themselves from the
> command line.

gnome-volume-manager is automagically started by the default debian gnome
session.. If you have a custom gnome session, which doesn't include gvm, it's
indeed not started. There isn't much we can do about that afaik.

  Sjoerd
--
The Shuttle is now going five times the sound of speed.
		-- Dan Rather, first landing of Columbia