Re: gnome "computer" drives

Hernán Astudillo wrote:
Hi all,
When you open the "computer" folder on gnome, you can see your hard drives, cdroms, dvds, etc. I bought another hard drive but it doesn't appear there (and it's in /etc/fstab). It mounts, it works fine but nothing seems to change in there. I thought that it could be something missing on the kernel (on boot, dbus-1 claims to be some kernel features missing), so I installed a debian packaged image of it. But still the same thing.

If is not /etc/fstab, where does gnome take that information from?

thanks all.
Nano,

GnomeVFS has a concept of "volumes" (things that are currently mounted) and "drives" (things in /etc/fstab). Each volume/drive has a visibility property that prevents it from being displayed in the gnome Computer, and other places.

You'd have to go to the sources to check, but it sounds like the drive object corresponding to your new hard drive is invisible. I suspect one of the criteria is the mount point of the drive object; drives that I have under /mnt are invisible, while drives under /media are not.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078