gnome "computer" drives

Hi all,
When you open the "computer" folder on gnome, you can see your hard drives, cdroms, dvds, etc. I bought another hard drive but it doesn't appear there (and it's in /etc/fstab). It mounts, it works fine but nothing seems to change in there. I thought that it could be something missing on the kernel (on boot, dbus-1 claims to be some kernel features missing), so I installed a debian packaged image of it. But still the same thing.

If is not /etc/fstab, where does gnome take that information from?

thanks all.
Nano,