Re: libgda/libgnomedb 1.2 transition

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 17:37 -0200, Gustavo R. Montesino wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for advice on the transition of the gnome-db libraries to
> their newer versions.
>
> At first, I had thought on renaming the packages in order to allow the
> installation of the newer version along with the older one.

libgda 2.0 (there are no tarball releases yet, I think) is meant to
install in parallel with libgda 1.2, so there should be no problem. If
you find conflicts then you should tell upstream as soon as possible.

Or are you talking about libgda 1.0 versus libgda 1.2? I think in both
1.0 and 1.2, the libs very actually called libgda2, to add to the
confusion.

>  However,
> some things are making me wonder if this was the right choice:
>
> * The long time the new libgda2-3 source package is already
>   sitting in NEW

What upstream version of libgda is that?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@murrayc.com