Re: Depending on desktop-file-utils for update-desktop-database

Le samedi 05 février 2005 à 22:27 +0100, Loïc Minier a écrit :

>  I don't expect a new user to install the desktop-file-utils package
>  himself,

Hi,

That's why nautilus depends on it.

>  Hence, my conclusion is in favor of requesting web browsers, file
>  browsers, etc. which are aware of this MIME system

Do you have a list of such applications ?

> to depend in some
>  way on the desktop-file-utils package (I think Recommends is the
>  correct type of dependency).

I would say Depends or Recommends, depending on how useful that's for
the applications. Nautilus depends on it and takes care of the GNOME
destkop. Perhaps galeon/epiphany should Recommends it (not sure of how
they handle the mimetypes at the moment, dunno for the other
application .. do you have any issue in mind ?

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher