dist-upgrade changed default wm

Hi list

After I runned 'apt-get -u dist-upgrade' default wm changed from gnome to
xfce. As today I'm not ready to change WM, so I would like to keep Gnome
as System Default.
I googled for the problem, but no previos thread helped me...
Got this output from 'update-alternatives --config x-window-manager':

hjem: # update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

There are 4 alternatives which provide `x-window-manager'.

  Selection    Alternative
      1        /usr/bin/metacity
      2        /usr/bin/xfwm4
      3        /usr/bin/fluxbox
*+    4        /usr/bin/gnome-wm

Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:
hjem: #

In gdm I choose Gnome from the sessions menu, but next time I log in I let
it choose the previos loaded, but still it loads XFCE...

What to do??

System info:
  Debian Sarge GNU/Linux
  Kernel Image 2.4.27-1-386