Re: Evolution upgrade hell

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 14:52 -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> So evolution is finally in testing!  Hooray!

Yes, I had been looking forward to this for months.

> Not so fast.  Upgraded this morning, and when I ran evolution for the
> first time, it successfully converted my mail and then crashed somewhere
> in the contacts, calendar or tasks

I had a similar experience, but I had the disk space...

> Not so fast.  Now I have two of every contact, for about 3600 instead of
> 1800.

I had this too-- so I did a palm sync 'copy from pilot' and it fixed
them.

The problem I then had was with evolution and sync'ing my Tasks and
Calendar.  See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=286896
for some of my adventures.  Unfortunately, it isn't resolved yet.  Are
people able to sync their palm's reliably with evolution 2?  I can't
seem to even sync reliably (and by that I mean without having evolution
add literally thousands of blank entries to the calendar or tasks) when
no changes were made on the palm or evo.

> And what the heck is up with such massive breakage in a x.0.3 release??
> Didn't evolution 2.0 come out many months ago?

Got to admit, after some 5 hours of struggling with my issues and trying
to provide good information for a bug report, I was wondering the same
thing.

Jamie