Re: epiphany updates

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> From: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
> Subject: Re: epiphany updates
>
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 07:16:04PM +0200, Chipzz wrote:
>
>  > a) it is a _compile_-time option;
>
>  $ cp `which epiphany` .
>  $ vim epiphany
>  %s/mozilla/mozilla-firefox/
>  :wq
>  $ ./epiphany
>
>  That works.  It spits out a warning when starting though.
>
>  I have epiphany 1.2.8 here.

a) It may work for this particular version of epiphany, mozilla, and
firefox. That doesn't mean it will work for the next version of mozilla
and/or firefox. The GRE is AFAIK still not API-stable, and the next ver-
sion of mozilla may very well use a different API. Do you want to main-
tain the dependencies for epiphany manually?
b) What about bug-reports? Do you want to handle those?

Don't get me wrong, I too would like to see the situation different.
But the problem is, really, that upstream needs to release the GRE as a
separate package.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."