Re: epiphany updates

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Alberto García Fernández wrote:

> From: Alberto García Fernández <algarcia@telecable.es>
> Subject: Re: epiphany updates
>
> Hola.
>
> Jordi wrotes:
>
> > Yesterday we uploaded packages for epiphany 1.4.4 and
> > epiphany-extensions 1.4.2. Please report any bugs.
>
> Epiphany can be compiled against Firefox 0.10 or Mozilla Seamonkey [1]
> since its 1.4.1 version [2]. But current epiphany-browser Debian
> package [3] (1.4.4-1) requires exclusively Mozilla Seamokey, and
> Firefox is not given as a option. Why? Is there any problem?

AFAIK:

a) it is a _compile_-time option;
b) the version of gecko used in firefox is older than the version used
in seamonkey.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."