Re: ubuntu modifications

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:54:12AM -0700, Ryan Lovett wrote:
> Is there any chance that Ubuntu Linux's GNOME enhancements will make their
> way into Debian? I'm most interested in the panel menu modifications where
> they've added a helpful main 'Computer' menu. I realize that some stuff
> would have to wait for the GNOME 2.8 migration.

As I understand it, the Ubuntu crowd will propose their modifications to
be applied upstream during the GNOME-2.9 cycle. So it would eventually
flow back into Debian.

In any case, I believe it is too late for Sarge now, and the next stable
release is so far away that nobody can predict how the Debian desktop
will look like.

Michael