Re: Installation Report for Sarge

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 18:44 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> A typical example is:  If you want to install some package you heard
> about, type "aptitude install FOO" -- they _love_ that.

Or point them at "Synaptic Package Manager" in the Applications menu,
and they get to point and click without having to remember the aptitude
keystrokes when they don't know what they want.

Personally I use the terminal all day in GNOME, but I feel that it
should be removed as people who don't know what a terminal is will be
very, very confused by it.  People who know what it is will either use
right-click->New Terminal, Applications->System->Terminal, or drag a
launcher to the panel.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com