Re: numlockx: numlock is not activated if using gdm+gnome (#229038)

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Jérôme Warnier wrote:

> Does someone know the good way to fix this?
>
> I quote the original bug report:
> """
> Hello, I installed numlockx but it doesn't activate the numlock on my
> computer when using gdm+gnome.
> It seems that it's caused because neither gdm nor gnome use the scripts
> placed in /etc/X11/Xsession.d, so numlockx don't get loaded.
>
> I'm not sure if it should be considered a bug in numlockx because it
> doesn't places the script in the proper dir, or it's a bug in gdm/gnome
> because they don't load the standard script dirs... reporting against
> numlockx, anyway.
> """
>
> I'm also wondering why it doesn't work and which package should do what.

Here, GDM correctly executes the content of /etc/X11/Xsession.d once someone
successfully logs on and the X user session starts.  However, GDM itself does
not appear to execute the content of that directory, which means that as soon as
I exit GNOME and return to GDM, the numlock is unset again.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/