numlockx: numlock is not activated if using gdm+gnome (#229038)

Does someone know the good way to fix this?

I quote the original bug report:
"""
Hello, I installed numlockx but it doesn't activate the numlock on my
computer when using gdm+gnome.
It seems that it's caused because neither gdm nor gnome use the scripts
placed in /etc/X11/Xsession.d, so numlockx don't get loaded.

I'm not sure if it should be considered a bug in numlockx because it
doesn't places the script in the proper dir, or it's a bug in gdm/gnome
because they don't load the standard script dirs... reporting against
numlockx, anyway.
"""

I'm also wondering why it doesn't work and which package should do what.

Thanks
--
Jérôme Warnier
Consultant