Re: wireless-applet patch

>On the other hand, I haven't really grokked how to use different WLAN
> profiles in /etc/network/interfaces, I just comment out the appropriate
> one. Good thing the GST are well behaved and keep those comments :)

from reading "man interfaces" the best solution seems to be:
mapping wlan0
        script /usr/local/sbin/find_wlan_mapping
        map ESSID1 wlan0-ESSID1
        map ESSID2 wlan0-ESSID2

iface wlan0-ESSID1 inet dhcp
        wireless_mode  Managed
	wireless_essid ESSID1

iface wlan0-ESSID2 inet dhcp
        wireless_mode  Managed
	wireless_essid ESSID2
	wireless_enc s:wepkey

with /usr/local/sbin/find_wlan_mapping beeing a wrapper around
'iwlist wlan0 scanning' or the selection from the wireless-applet