Re: wireless-applet patch

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org>
> Subject: Re: wireless-applet patch
>
> <quote who="Chipzz">

> > > It doesn't currently *support* Debian...  we don't have consolehelper
> >
> > Yes it DOES
> > Read planet.gnome.org
>
> You mean the bit in snorp's diary that says: "This still only works on Red
> Hat systems due to the usage of consolehelper. You can fix that by putting
> appropriate root-getting-and-essid-setting-and-renew-dhcp-lease bits for
> your distro in the wireless-applet-helper script."
>
> ?
>
> - Jeff

That's what I meant, yes.

This is why a _distribution_ provides distribution packages; because they
are extended to work (ie implement certain functionality) in specific
cases like this one.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."