Re: no video thumbnails again

Hello.

Thanks, all, for your replies and sorry for my lateness.

Emil Soleyman-Zomalan:

> Can you try this command on a few videos that were not thumbnailed
> properly and send the results back to the list? What are the files'
> video formats? Do you see the thumbnails being generated? If so, how
> large are the files?
>
> /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer /path/to/video /path/to/thumbnail
> /usr/lib/nautilus/gst-thumbnail /path/to/video /path/to/thumbnail

The thumbnails are generated ok, they are PNG image data,
128 x 70, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced and weight 15 kB.

> If you change the gconf keys for the various video formats
> from /usr/bin/gnome-video-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
> to /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer %u %o, do you see a difference in
> thumbnail generation?

I think the catch is that the thumbnails are missing
for the video/x-msvideo format, while the GConf key is
/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/video@msvideo - without the "x-".

How can I (should I?) add the missing GConf branch (../video@x-msvideo)?
I can't find the option for adding branches in gconf-editor.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
      But seriously, I've got root, so it's his problem.   -- Nick Manka