Re: no video thumbnails again

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 19:56 +0100, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> Hello.

Hi Shot,

> I'm running sid, so it's still GNOME 2.6 here.
>
> I can't say for sure it was the late October nautilus-media upgrade from
> 0.8.0-3 to 0.8.1-1, but I have a *feeling* that it's about a week since
> new video thumbnails are no longer generated. Reverting back to 0.8.0-3
> didn't help, `rm -r ~/.gnome/mime-info/` didn't help.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any newer version of nautilus-media in
> experimental. The changelog suggests 0.8.1-1 switched from generating
> thumbnails basing on a Debconf question to generating thumbnails
> basing on a alternatives question, but no matter whether I set
> gnome-video-thumbnailer to /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer or
> /usr/lib/nautilus/gst-thumbnail I can't get any new video thumbnails
> (old are displayed properly, JPG thumbnails are generated and displayed
> properly).

Can you try this command on a few videos that were not thumbnailed
properly and send the results back to the list? What are the files'
video formats? Do you see the thumbnails being generated? If so, how
large are the files?

/usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer /path/to/video /path/to/thumbnail
/usr/lib/nautilus/gst-thumbnail /path/to/video /path/to/thumbnail

> Does it work as expected for you? Does it work in GNOME 2.8 and I should
> wait for it to trickle down to sid/upgrade from experimental? Or should
> I report a bug (against what, nautilus-media?)?

If you change the gconf keys for the various video formats
from /usr/bin/gnome-video-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
to /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer %u %o, do you see a difference in
thumbnail generation?

--
Emil Soleyman-Zomalan <emil@nishra.com>