Re: i love it, cdrecord

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 17:21 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 13:45 +0200, markus hammer wrote:
> > really, why does it allways stop working out of the blue the moment you
> > want to burn a cd quickly ? gotta love those days...
> >
> > is there an ETA on this libburn stuff, i am looking forward to delete
> > cdrecord from my drive using "vi -b" and my delete key. would be neat if
> > there was finally an alternative...
>
> I wouldn't blame your inability to read kernel changelogs on cdrecord.
> Downgrade your kernel to 2.6.7 if you want cdrecord to work as non-root
> again.
>
> Patches to the kernel, cdrecord and other applications are being
> refined.

So this is why I see those stupid "Cannot Prevent/Allow Medium Removal"
errors when i use either cdrecord or cdrdao... Of course I knew it had
something to do with the kernel upgrade (2.6.8.1) but I didn't see this
in the changelog.
Oh well, using "sudo" passwordless for this command only doesn't bother
me:
# allow all users of group cdrom to execute cdrdao passwordless:
%cdrom  ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/cdrdao,/usr/bin/cdrecord

I guess some people would say: why not just use cdrecord/cdrdao in set-
uid mode... But, there are a million reasons why not to use that and
allow sudo access instead.

Hope this helps somebody out there..