Re: more nautilus/experimental problems

Hi Mike,

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 16:24 +0930, Michael Gratton wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I upgraded my Gnome packages to experimental+alioth last night, and I
> wanted to check if anyone else is seeing the same problems Nautilus now
> has.

> (3) Hidden files showing on the desktop (which is my home directory),
> even though the pref to show hidden files is turned off. Even if I open
> my home directory in a separate window and ensure "View > Show Hidden
> Files" is unticked, they still show up on the Desktop but not in the
> window. Using ~/.hidden doesn't seem to work either. I fixed this by
> moving my old ~/.nautilus out of the way and restarting Nautilus, but
> they came back after logging back in.

I had this problem. I moved all .gnome*, .gconf*, and .nautilus
directories and files I could find out of the way which seems to have
solved it.  So far it is still good after restarts and reboots.  I did
it logged out of X and gnome from a console. Making sure all the gnome
processes had also been killed.

Have fun,

digger