more nautilus/experimental problems

Guys,

I upgraded my Gnome packages to experimental+alioth last night, and I
wanted to check if anyone else is seeing the same problems Nautilus now
has.

(1) Lots of the following in .xsession-errors

** (nautilus:2233): WARNING **: Can't find description even for "x-
directory/normal". This probably means that your gnome-vfs.keys file is
in the wrong place or isn't being found for some other reason.

I think there's a patch floating around gnome-vfs2 that fixes this, but
I don't know if it has been applied or not.

(2) My existing prefs were ignored, so I had to set Nautilus up again.

(3) Hidden files showing on the desktop (which is my home directory),
even though the pref to show hidden files is turned off. Even if I open
my home directory in a separate window and ensure "View > Show Hidden
Files" is unticked, they still show up on the Desktop but not in the
window. Using ~/.hidden doesn't seem to work either. I fixed this by
moving my old ~/.nautilus out of the way and restarting Nautilus, but
they came back after logging back in.

(4) Minimal applications associated with file types. All of my old,
custom associations were lost and only a very few applications ("Text
Editor", "PDF Viewer", "Archive Manager") seem to be known. I know about
the new MIME system, but are things supposed to be this messed up at the
moment?

Thanks,
Mike.

--