Re: Shutdown from Gnome

That is the ugly and old solution created by redhat to be used with
their console helper architecture.

In gdm 2.6.x it is possible to do this by the use of the SUP protocol[1]
but this is not implemented in the session-manager upstream. So instead
of doing a ugly hack I suggest just implementing the use of SUP in
gnome-session (or whatever is handling the logout these days).

//Snaggen

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2004-
January/msg00026.html