Shutdown from Gnome

Hi,

with the release in sight, I thought I'd try to have this feature in
sarge: I (as a gnome and gdm user) want to be able to shut down my
system from the logout screen, instead of having to logout, wait for all
my programs to quit, wait for gdm to start the greeter and present me
the Actions menu.

This has been discussed already, and while no official solution was
created, I know that jarno made some nice inofficial packages that had
these features. From a users pov, I was very satisfied with them,
unfortunatly, jarno did not provide patched packages for the 2.6
versions of gdm.

What I'd like to do with that mail is to ask jarno if he currently has
the time to port his changes to the current packages and to ask the
maintainers of the relevant package if they are willing to include these
changes in their packages in time for the sarge release.

Thank you,

hopeful nomeata

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner