Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

<quote who="Martin-Éric Racine">

> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > Because it is an inappropriate issue to solve at the distribution level,
> > and will not be usefully solved within Debian without upstream
> > participation. If you want to solve some classes of problems, you need
> > to deal with upstream.
>
> Given how Pennington wrecked havoc with our desktop, there's no point in
> bringing up the issue with upstream.  Seriously, Epiphany and several
> recent decisions by upstream fall under the fallacious "we know what's
> best for you and blah blah we don't hear what you're saying" childish
> game.

That's really not an accurate assessment of how things are done upstream.

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

    "If your life was a movie, would you pay to see it? Would you pay to
                see an advertisement for it?" - James Morris