Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 08:42:41AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Sven Luther">

> > > So, we should either acceed to the hideen knowledge or become
> > > simpletons.  Thanks.
> >
> > No: You should go and get it sorted out elsewhere. For instance, where
> > you can actually get results (ie. not this list).
>
> again why ? If you fill a bug report against my package, or bring
> something to my attention about it, i am not telling you go speak to
> upstream. This is not what debian maintainership is about.

Because it is an inappropriate issue to solve at the distribution level, and
will not be usefully solved within Debian without upstream participation. If
you want to solve some classes of problems, you need to deal with upstream.

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

   "I look forward to someday putting foo-colored ribbons on my homepage
   declaring 'port 25 is for spam', and 'just say no to the Spam Message
                   Transmission Protocol!'" - Raph Levien