Re: Splash screen that won't die

> > Since reinstalling, whenever I log into Gnome (via startx -- I have not
> > installed any ?dm packages), the splash screen doesn't go away after the
> > Gnome session starts.  I have to click on it to make it disappear.
> > Minor bug, I know, but rather annoying.  What package should I file this
> > against, and is there a quick fix with gconf?
>
> See #253729. We thought is was over, but it seems to be still here. No
> one was able to point out where the problem lies yet.

I've been having the same problem. I've set gaim as the only app in
starting programs. Then, when the session starts, the splash screen just
sits there, after the nautilus' start, but it doesn't start gaim. Even
when I click in the windows, it's only after some moments that gaim
starts. So, this could be some sort of problem in nautilus' start or
something not returning properly to the initialization process.