Re: Prototype automatic printer setup tool for Debian

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 01:03 -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:

> > Printer on usb:/dev/usb/lp0 is not currently supported by Debian.
> I've submitted this information to the Foomatic developers.  Thanks.
With current printconf and other printing related thingies (i'm on
unstable) it woks JUST GREAT. It detected my printer and created a spool
with the name and description I prefer - s600 (Canon S600). Really good
work. I really hope this thing to be in Desktop task in Sarge. Thank
you!

Little request: remind the user that he/she needs to run "printconf" if
he wants to detect printer again. And make debconf templates
translatable, if they aren't yet. Mail me when you'll stabilize debconf
messages and I'll make a Russian translation for it.

--
Dan Korostelev <dan@ats.energo.ru>