Re: Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:45:21PM +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:
> We would like to ask for some user testing now. It's fairly stable for
> us developers already. You can download a tarball from
> http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/0.50/synaptic-0.50pre1.tar.gz

Ok, a different point of view :)

I have updated my translation to 0.50pre.

A few doubts:

# FIXME: I don't understand this at all. jm
#: gtk/window_preferences.glade.h:55
msgid "Mark most likely change by clicking on the status icon"
msgstr "Marqueu el canvi més probable fent clic en la icona d'estat"

Does this mean "Mark the most likely change..."?

# FIXME: The left-handed Debian users declare that
#        RIGHT CLICKING DOESN'T WORK FOR US!!!
#        Please use some other wording, like "secondary button". jm
# FIXME: also, "choose action" -> Does it mean "choose an action", or
# "choose \"action\""? jm
#: gtk/dialog_welcome.glade.h:2
msgid ""
"- Double click on the package name\n"
"- Right click and choose action from the context menu\n"
"- Click on the status icon to choose an action"

:)

# FIXME original. jm
#: common/rpackagefilter.cc:704
msgid "unknown"
msgstr "desconegut"

What is the gender of this? Can you add a comment for translators?

The new messages talk about "Refreshing", but it looks like Synaptic is
using a stock GTK icon for this. This is problematic, as the stock
translation in Catalan reads "Actualitza", while the translation for
"Up_grade System" is "Actualitza el sistema". I would like to be able to
translate the "Refresh" button in Synaptic so it really reads "Refresca"
in Catalan.

Finally, the list of translators is gross. Actually, the list of authors
and documenters shouldn't be translated either, just the section headers
like "Manual", "Manpage", etc. GNOME apps tend to just show the
translator credits for the current locale. It's a lot cleaner that way,
IMO.

Ah, the status line always reads:
"%i packages listed, %i installed, %i broken. %i to install/upgrade, %i to "
"remove; %s will be used"

The last part looks weird if it's "0 will be used". I suggest that part
is only shown if there's a change in space use.

Great job guys, the UI is a lot better now.

I'm attaching ca.po.
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/